So I got out another can and this time I only added one clove of garlic and I kept the seasoning to a minimum, just a pinch of smoked sea salt and a dash of red pepper for zing and SHAZAM! It was perfect! Just the right combination of creaminess and tangy bite, all I needed was a chip. Hummus is normally consumed with pitas or pita chips or some other starch based medium, but again – I am on a strict vegan diet that keeps all starches to a bare minimum so I needed to come up with a vehicle for consuming this green goodness that met with the rules of my diet, which is working really well for me by the way. Low and behold I had some lovely crisp zucchini in the fridge drawer! With the help of my trusty mandolin I had a plateful of fresh and crunchy chips to dip in no time at all! I loaded a serving of hummus into a little dish, topped it with a pretty red kalamata olive and surrounded it with crisp raw zucchini chips. Let the snacking begin!!!
- 1 can Green Beans, drained
- 1 T Tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Smoked Sea Salt
- Dash Red Pepper
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thin
- Optional Red Kalamata Olive for garnish
- Drain green beans and place in blender bowl/cup and top with tahini, garlic,lemon juice, smoked salt and red pepper.
- Process smooth. (This makes a couple of servings so portion it out)
- Garnish with an olive and serve with raw zucchini chips.