Nothing adds freshness to a dish easier than home-made Pico di Gallo! There are many variations on this chopped salad and this is mine.
Rev up your cutting boards and get to chopping!
- 3 Fresh Globe Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Red Cubanelle Pepper, diced
- 1 Green Cubanelle Pepper, diced
- 1 medium unwaxed Cucumber, diced
- 4 Scallions (Green Onions) finely chopped
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped
- ½ a bunch Fresh Cilantro, minced
- Optional: 1 Fresh Jalapeno Pepper, finely diced
Stir it all together in a airtight bowl and refrigerate until you plan to use it. Viola!