Looking for a savory side dish that pairs well with everything from seafood to fried chicken?? Look no further! This potato salad is so simple and clean and super easy to make and everyone will love it. Made from fresh potatoes and sweet onions with a light and slightly sweet dressing, I use Girard’s Champagne Vinaigrette, but any sweet vinaigrette would probably do the job. The beautiful colors are festive and the flavor is hearty.
I peel and dice the sweet potatoes but leave the thin peels on the other fingerling sized potatoes as their skins are much thinner. Toss them all together with the sweet onion slices and coat thoroughly with the dressing, season with salt, pepper and dried parsley and toss again. Spread out on a foil lined baking sheet and loosely cover with a foil topper.
Roast in a 400º F oven for 50 minutes, adjust seasoning and serve right away or don’t. This dish is great hot, warm or cold.
- 1 lb Fingerling White and Pink Potatoes, diced
- 1 lb Purple Potatoes, diced
- 4-5 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large Sweet Onion, Sliced
- Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
- Dried Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and dice them up into bite sized cubes.
- Slice the onion in half and then slice it thinly and separate the slices.
- Dice the pink, white and purple potatoes with skin on.
- Toss all together in a large bowl and add enough salad dressing to coat thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried parsley and toss again
- Spread out on a foil lined pan and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Cover with a loose foil covering.
- Roast in a 400º F oven for 50 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary, serve warm. (Also good cold)