Mashed yams are done exactly like any mashed vegetable. Peel, dice and boil the cubes with 3-4 cloves of garlic in salted water. Once tender, mash them with butter and milk and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. For this particular application I mashed in two ounces of Neufchâtel Cream Cheese and I used my Ninja Processor to mash them to a smooth consistency that I could pipe through a cake decorator, but that is an optional presentation, served up family style in a bowl works great too! Ironically I chose to dust these with a bit of smoked paprika, whoops! Paprika is a nightshade! It was very tasty though!!
- 6 Yams, peeled and diced
- 3-4 whole Garlic cloves
- 2 T Grass fed Butter (you can sub vegan butter if you like)
- 1/4 C Almond Milk
- 2 ounces Neufchâtel Cream Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika (optional garnish if you aren’t watching nightshades.)
- Place the peeled and diced yams into salted water along with garlic cloves.
- Boil yams until tender, then drain and pour yams and garlic into the processor.
- Add milk, butter and cheese and process smooth.
- Pack into a cake decorator and pipe it onto your plates or just serve it up home style in a bowl.