Decided I wanted pizza for lunch but did not want to wait for delivery and my desire to not wear real pants (I do have jamma pants on) precluded a run to the store for a take and bake deal. So I went to the fridge and the pantry for inspiration. I had a package of Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas, some pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and some gorgeous baby portabella mushrooms. Sounds like a pizza to me!!
First things first, wash and slice those beauteous shrooms thin and get them into a saute pan with a bit of sea salt to tenderize them. It only takes a couple of minutes to get them nice and soft. The instructions on the tortillas say to cook them in a hot pan for 30 seconds on each side. I decided to only do one side. I slipped the uncooked side down on my pizza pan so it could toast up in the oven. Slathered on some pesto, scatter some mushrooms, then sun-dried tomatoes. Next I crumbled on a little goat cheese and while putting it back in the fridge I spied a baggie of sliced green onions… why not I ask you?
Rick had the next tortilla ready so we prepped it too. Then popped them both into a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes. Turned the broiler on and let each one have it’s turn under the broiler for about a minute… okay, one of them went slightly longer because we were sharing a celebratory kiss. Oopsies!
The end result? Wonderfully flavorful thin crust pizzas for us to nosh on, on this fine Saturday afternoon. Yum! I selected vegetarian toppings from things I had on hand but you can do whatever you like on yours! The uncooked tortillas made a perfect crispy thin crust and I loved the combination of flavors I had in the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and the earthy, meaty mushrooms.
- 2 Uncooked tortillas
- 2 T Pesto
- 2 tsp Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 4 Crimini or Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 oz or so Soft Goat Cheese
- 2 T Green Onions, sliced
- Sea Salt
- Wash and slice your mushrooms thin and saute them in a hot pan with just a smidge of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt
- Set the mushrooms aside and wipe out your hot pan to cook one side of the first tortilla for 30 seconds. Lay it on your pizza pan uncooked side down and cook your other tortilla and set it uncooked side down on another pan.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of pest on each tortilla, spread it out to cover the whole top as best you can.
- Lay out half the mushrooms on each tortilla and sprinkle with about a teaspoon of sun-dried tomatoes on each. Sun-dried tomatoes have a concentrated flavor, so a little goes a long way.
- Crumble the soft goat cheese randomly across the top if both pizzas. Top the cheese with scallions (green onions)
- Bake in a 400º oven for 5-6 minutes
- Turn on the broiler and let the pizza on the top rack broil for 1 minute. Switch the pans and let them other one broil for 1 minute.
- Slice and serve immediately.