Friday night at our house is Pizza Night. Nothing unusual about that, except we are gluten free and low carb in our family. We all started the Ketogenic lifestyle on January first. So pizza night is generally an experiment with low carb crust recipes and ideas. Today I say an article discussing KFC’s Fried Chicken pizza crust of Chizza™ which set me off on making it Keto friendly which means ditching the breading. I immediately ran to the freezer and pulled out two packages (half pound each) of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins to thaw for my experiment.
I used my Ninja processor to pulverize my boneless, skinless, hormone free chicken with eggs, sharp cheddar and some classic pizza seasonings into a batter. Once it was spreadable, I line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chicken evenly, trying to smooth it out to create an even depth. I think this would be great as a Chicken Parm loaf too! I baked the chicken for 25 minutes at 400ºF and then pulled it out to dress it.
You can use any toppings you prefer. Tonight I smeared my chicken crust with Parmesan Spinach Artichoke dip from Costco, crumbled bacon, quartered some fresh grape tomatoes and added some thick sliced pepperoni and diced fresh mozzarella cheese. Which made for a very pretty pizza with some nice Mediterranean flare.
I baked it for an additional 10 minutes to cook the toppings and then broiled it for five more because we like some crispy cheese on our pizza. This crust turned out great! Marvelous flavor and tenderness, plus you can opt for a fork or eat it the traditional way with your hands! Either way it is a low carbohydrate win for Pizza night!
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C freshly shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 T Dried Italian Herbs
- 1 T Kirkland Organic No Salt Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flake
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Drain the meat and place it into a processor.
- Add all the other ingredients and process into a smooth “batter”
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chicken batter evenly on the parchment.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull the crust and dress it as you like and bake again for another 10 minutes, then broil it for 5 to brown your cheese if you so choose.