Looking for a fantastic but simple vegetable side dish? Look no further, these dilled carrots almondine are fantastic. Sauteed in grass-fed butter and seasoned with fresh dill and sliced almonds and just a spot of salt they are a lovely pairing for any main entree. Almondine (al-mahn-deen – not almon-dine as I said it in the video — videos make me nervous – but I will get better!) is a dish cooked with almonds. The sweetness of the fresh carrots is perfectly accented by the toasty nuttiness of the crisp almond slices which harmonizes beautifully with the fresh green dill.
After a few minutes of toasting, you can stir in the herbs and allow them to heat through to fully activate their flavors and mix them thoroughly into the carrots and almonds. Remove the carrots from the heat and serve immediately. These come together really fast and are perfect for a fresh farm to table side dish.
Check out my darling husband’s carrot tossing skills in this video!! I hope you will try this recipe for your table, it is a favorite on ours.
- 6 large Carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ C Sliced Almonds
- 1 whole sprig of Fresh Dill, chopped
- Pinch of Pink Salt
- ¼ Stick Grass fed Butter
- Peel your carrots and slice them thin and as uniformly as you can.
- Mince up your fresh dill and set it aside and measure off the sliced almonds as well – it all goes pretty fast once the carrots are cooked.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and allow it to brown a bit.
- Add the carrots along with a pinch of salt. Stir or toss the carrots around to allow them to cook on all sides.
- Once you get some browning around the edges of the carrots and they are tender, add the sliced almonds and allow them to toast.
- Finish the carrots with the fresh dill and mix thoroughly and serve immediately.