Our local diner has been out of pie for three Sunday’s in a row which made my Mom sad. So I promised her a pie today. I knew I had a pre-made graham cracker crust sitting in the pantry and I have plenty of apples on hand, but I did not want to peel apples. Hey, it is a lazy Sunday after all. I had made some jam earlier that I had not pureed yet, seemed like an opportunity to me! This turned out crazy good so I had to share it!
I baked this pie at 350º for thirty minutes until it was this lovely golden brown deliciousness. You have to let it cool completely before cutting it, but I cut it while it was still moderately warm. Bring on the ice cream! We did not have any ice cream. but that is the only way this pie could be better.
- Low Sugar Grape-Cherry Chia Jam (before pureed)
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 pkg Sweet Potato Muffin Mix
- 1/2 C Oats
- 1 stick Salted Butter, melted
- 1/3 C Erythritol
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spoon enough stewed fruit into the Graham crust to mostly fill it – leave about an 1/8 inch to the top.
- Melt butter and stir in muffin mix, oats, salt and erythritol until it forms a crumble.
- Spoon crumble over the top of the fruit and gently press down with spoon to push some of the crumble into the fruit filling.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. Serves eight slices.