A fresh and festive fruit salad is a nice switch on the classic get together salads. I like taking these to family gatherings or even making it ahead to serve with breakfast or brunch.
This bright conflagration of healthy fruits includes:
- 3-4 Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- 3-4 California Peaches, chopped
- ½ lb Red Seedless Grapes, halved
- 1 pt Strawberries, quartered
- 2 small cans Mandarin Oranges slices
- 2 T of the Mandarin Orange juice reserved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 C water (for apple bath)
As you chop the apples put them into a bath of cool water with the juice of 1 lemon to keep them from browning. Drain the apples and toss with your other fruits and the reserved Mandarin Orange juice. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Prepare to come back with an empty bowl! 😉