Looking for an elegant side salad or light lunch? Look no further than your pantry and a can of sliced pears in juice. With just four main ingredients this salad comes together in just a few minutes complete with a very easy pear vinaigrette dressing! All you need are some mixed Spring Greens, a can of pear slices in juice, some sliced roasted almonds and Gorgonzola cheese crumbles. Easy Peasy!!
I love the pre-washed salad greens and especially the mixed Spring Greens. They have a lovely combination of tart, sweet and slightly bitter greens which pair beautifully with a fruity salad and there is a nice variation in colors too. All you need to do is open the bag or box if you buy it by the carton. I was making two salads so a small bag was all I needed, but use more salad if you have more mouths to feed, just put fewer pair slices on each plate and double the dressing if it is necessary to cover more greens.
I really love the contrast of textures and flavors from the crunchy roasted almonds to the succulent pear slices. For an extra special treat, chill the pears for a bit (at least 20 minutes) before making this salad. I have paired it with everything from crab cakes to Butter Chicken, it is always good, even when pears are not in season!!
- 1 Bag Mixed Spring Greens
- 1 15oz can Sliced Pears in Juice, drained juice reserved
- Sliced Roasted Almonds
- Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T White Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
- Drain the pear slices and reserve the juice.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar and a tablespoon of the reserved pear juice with a pinch of salt and white pepper.
- Toss the salad greens with the dressing and divide among plates
- Arrange an equal number of pear slices on each salad. Top with sliced roasted almonds and Gorgonzola crumbles.
- Serve immediately.