QUESTION: What to do when your elderly mother wants ice cream but her doctor says she must be on a reduced salt diet??
ANSWER: Whip up a quick and easy sorbet in a NutriBullet blender (or whatever processor you have on hand).
I am in love with my NutriBullet for small jobs like this! I am also in love with using edible flowers in my recipes. I grow Violets, Nasturtiums, Calendula, Lavender and more in my container garden for added flavor and visual impact as well as nutrition.
- 7-8 Black seedless grapes
- 1/2 C Kale
- 10 Raspberries
- 5-6 Strawberries
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 C Ice cubes
- Violet or other edible flower, washed
- Mint leaves, washed
- Process the first five ingredients until smooth
- Add ice and process until frosty consistency,
- Garnish with violet and mint leaves and serve in a crystal champagne goblet