That’s right, you read that right, Eggplant Chips. Oven dried egg plant chips seasoned with a little sea salt and Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning to be exact. You can experiment with other flavors too – like smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic and/or onion powder, etc. Oh Lordy, these chips are so good, I can eat them like a wood chipper! But, try pairing them with some guacamole or hummus and it is a whole new dipping experience. Eggplants come in various colors shapes and sizes. For this application I recommend a full bodied eggplant like a large Italian or the gorgeous Graffiti Eggplants I found at our Farmer’s Market.
- 1-2 Eggplants (it all depends on how many chips you want to make.
- Cooking Spray (we use Coconut Spray oil)
- Sea Salt (or your choice of salts — try it with smoked salt OMG!)
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- Roasted Garlic Powder,
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder, etc.
- Slice them thin (we used a V-Blade Mandoline Slicer so they were super thin.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay them out on it and spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes – flip them all over and repeat spray and salt and allow to bake for another 8-10 minutes
- Keep an eye on them. After they are done, put them in a bowl and flavor them according to your preference, I like to shake some Nutritional Yeast (available at health food stores and super good for you) to make them “cheesy” chips.