“Sacre bleu, what is this?
How on earth could I miss
Such a sweet little succulent crab!” – Les Poissons from The Little Mermaid
- 9″ deep pie crust (store bought or home-made)
- ½ lb. lump crab meat or any kind.
- 2 Jumbo eggs
- 1 T All Purpose flour (I used GF Flour and it worked fine)
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- ½ C Almond milk
- 4 oz. Shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 T Onion, finely chopped
- 1 T Green Pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Roll out your crust and fit it into a lightly oiled 9″ pie pan. I use coconut cooking spray.
- Prebake your crust for 3-4 minutes and let it cool.
- Combine eggs, flour, mayonnaise and milk and mix well into a slurry.
- Now stir the cheese, onions and peppers into your slurry.
- Fold in crab meat gently and avoid separating the lumps of crab meat too much.
- Pour the crab mixture into your pie crust, sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. (Check at about 40 minutes to avoid burning, since ovens vary).