Fat Bombs are a nice treat for anyone living on a Ketogenic diet. They serve as a dessert if sweet or appetizer if savory and help you to increase your healthy fats percentages for the day. I have made several chocolate versions but wanted something different this time. I just received my piggy candy molds in the mail and somehow making pink pigs sounded right to me. I have a bottle of Torani Sugar Free Raspberry syrup some friends gifted to me a while back and that seemed perfect for making it pink but I wanted something more exciting, hence the hefty dose of lemon. Lemon and raspberry are very fast friends. I added cream Cheese to this batch to give it a cheesecake like quality but that is truly an optional ingredient, these little tart pigs would be just fine cheese free.
These come together really fast. To get started put your fats into a sauce pan and melt over low heat stirring in softened cream cheese. I only used two ounces of full fat cream cheese to get the flavor I wanted without adding a bunch of carbs. Each bomb has less than a tenth of a carb and even lesser fraction of protein and 7 grams of glorious fat. After the butter and coconut oil melt, stir in the cream cheese if you use it and remove from the heat. Stir in all the other ingredients. I used a mini immersion blender/milk frother to whisk mine together thoroughly.
Measure out the mixture into your molds using a tablespoon measure. Each serving is a tablespoon. This recipe makes 32 tablespoon measures in two molds. Place a piece of wax paper or parchment between the filled candy molds and pop them into the freezer for at least two to three hours to properly set. Once set, pop them out onto a plate and bag them up in a zip lock bag to store in the refrigerator. Obviously some of my Pigs did not make it into the baggy I had ready as they were required for taste testing. That is my story and I am sticking to it!
- 4 T Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 4 T Grass Fed Butter
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 T Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 T Torani Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup
- Pinch Pink Salt
- 2 oz. Full Fat Cream Cheese, softened (Optional)
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a small pan on the stove top, stir in softened cream cheese if using.
- Season with a pinch of salt, Vanilla and Lemon extract, lemon juice and zest.
- Sweeten with Torani syrup.
- Remove from heat and use small immersion blender to whip all ingredients together.
- Spoon into candy molds (1 T per serving) and freeze for at least 3 hours until solid.
- Remove from molds and store in a baggy in the fridge.
Macros per bomb: 62 Calories 0.125g Protein 7g Fat 0.19g Carb 0g Fiber