I love the mild spicy flavor and the comfort of the warm fresh tortilla and egg salad. It is creamy without being cheesy. Not that cheesy is a bad thing, for surely it isn’t. But dairy is not my friend just now, so I am looking for ways to enjoy the things I love that I formerly used cheese in, like a scrambled egg breakfast burrito with ooey gooey American cheese and a dash of fresh salsa. This Chipotle Egg Salad really did the trick! It was creamy and zesty and just right for a quick breakfast for me and my family.
- 3 Boiled Eggs, peeled
- 3 Uncooked Tortillas, prepared according to package directions
- 2 T Zesty Garlic Pickle chips with carrots and red peppers, finely diced
- 2 T (+/-) Chipotle Mayonnaise (2:1 Mayonnaise with Chipotle Paste)
- Boil eggs and allow to cool a bit and peel.
- While eggs cool, cook the tortillas according to the package directions. If you cannot find uncooked tortillas, warm up some shelf stable tortillas.
- Finely dice enough pickles, red peppers and a few carrots from the pickle jar to equate to 2 tablespoons.
- Mash the eggs in a bowl and stir in the pickled vegetables.
- Mix in 2 spoonfuls of chipotle mayonnaise (add more or less according to your preference)
- Load each burrito with a couple generous spoonfuls of egg salad and roll into burritos.
- Serve with extra zesty pickle chips.